When it comes to DIY projects, having the right tools is essential. But having the right tool hacks can make a project go even smoother. Here are nine tool hacks you’ll use time and time again to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
1. Use a Hammer as a Level: If you don’t have a level handy, you can use a hammer to check if something is level. Place the handle of the hammer on the surface you’re checking and move it around until it’s perfectly balanced.
2. Use a Drill Bit as a Screwdriver: If you don’t have a screwdriver, you can use a drill bit to turn screws. Just make sure to use the appropriate size bit for the screw you’re working with.
3. Use a Nail as a Center Punch: If you need to make a hole in something, but don’t have a center punch, you can use a nail. Just place the nail in the spot where you want to make the hole and hammer it in.
4. Use a Hacksaw as a File: If you need to file something down but don’t have a file, you can use a hacksaw. Just make sure to use a fine-toothed blade and move it back and forth in a sawing motion.
5. Use a Hammer to Loosen Bolts: If you’re having trouble loosening a bolt, you can use a hammer to break the rust seal. Place the claw of the hammer over the bolt head and hit it with a few light taps.
6. Use a Hammer and Chisel to Cut Wood: If you need to cut a piece of wood but don’t have a saw, you can use a hammer and chisel. Place the chisel at the spot where you want to make the cut and tap it with the hammer until the wood splits.
7. Use a Screwdriver to Cut Wire: If you need to cut wire but don’t have a pair of wire cutters, you can use a screwdriver. Just place the wire between the tip of the screwdriver and the handle and twist the screwdriver back and forth until the wire is cut.
8. Use a Screwdriver to Remove Nails: If you need to remove a nail but don’t have a claw hammer, you can use a screwdriver. Just place the tip of the screwdriver under the nail head and twist the screwdriver back and forth until the nail is removed.
9. Use a Hammer to Straighten Bent Nails: If you have a bent nail, you can use a hammer to straighten it. Place the claw of the hammer over the nail head and tap it gently until the nail is straight.
These nine tool hacks will come in handy time and time again when you’re tackling your DIY projects. With these hacks, you’ll be able to get the job done quickly and efficiently without having to buy additional tools.